Busting traditional ideas "I am the expat, not my husband!".
Working with Chinese teams? Moving back home? Family decisions!?
These topics and more in episode 47!
HongHong X., originally from Beijing, has moved to Germany 30 years ago with hardly any money in her pocket, studied hard, and got to work at the world’s largest chemical company, BASF. She learned to work between two cultures and through her traditional approach "hard work and humility", she got promoted and assigned to work in Hong Kong for 5 years.
After 24 years in the corporate world, she has started her own company "Peking Bridge", which helps European and Chinese companies overcome their intercultural obstacles.
This is what you’ll learn:
1. Working between European and Chinese cultures
2. Expat assignments & Family decisions
3. Busting traditional ideas "I am the expat, not my husband!"
4. Succeeding back home after being an expat
5. One tool to make Chinese teams collaborate better internationally 6. From corporate work to entrepreneurship or professorship
7. How European students learn about China in business school
Listen on (Try VPN for troubleshooting):