How can flexpats find jobs in the Chinese education industry?
To all current and future teachers in China: Do you agree?
Resilience: Hard work, even on weekend activities, pays off!
Adaptability: Don't compare the Chinese school system with home.
Respect: Respect the Chinese culture and its different ways
Nicolas Labatut has lived in China for 12 years and became an expert in both international and bilingual education in China. In this 15 minute episode, Nicolas shares his view on the current job market, practical advice for future and current teachers, and finishes with his personal advice on starting your own business as a flexpat.
This is what you'll learn in 15 minutes:
- Why Chinese and international schools need foreign teachers?
- How can flexpats find jobs in the Chinese education industry?
- Key skills of flexpats compared to professionals back home
- How should flexpats prepare for a career in China?
- How to use "China-time" to prepare for what happens next?
- Managing family & entrepreneurship
Listen on (Try VPN for troubleshooting):