How is working on a local contract vs. an expat's deal?
Amelie Vollmer and her partner have found work opportunities in China. He was an expat and Amelie worked on a local contract at Bosch China! In this episode, Amelie explains the process of getting hired at such a prestigious company and how the job on a local contract worked out for her. The difference between expat packages and local contracts is huge, but as a couple in this situation, it can be a real win-win.
This is what you’ll learn in 30 minutes:
1. Moving to China as an ambitious couple
2. How to convince someone to hire you
3. Adapting to a new language, new industry, and tasks
4. Why salary is not most important
5. Work conditions on local contracts
6. Planning life back home after the expat/flexpat life
Listen on (Try VPN for troubleshooting):